Please look at the list of the countries that have the visa exemption agreement with Japan. If your country is included in the list, you usually do not need to apply for an entry visa to Japan.
If your country is not included in the list, you need to obtain a short-term stay visa ("tanki-shouyou visa"in Japanese) from the embassy of Japan in your country.
Read carefully the Japanese visa guide provided by the ministry of foreign affairs. For entry into Japan, a VISA may be required for attendees from some countries. Please make sure whether you need to apply for a VISA or not on the web site of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan at : http://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/index.html.
Important information regarding invitation letters (please read):
Please note AMMM conference and the organizing committees of the conference are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by AMMM conference and conference Committee Board. Should your application be denied, AMMM conference and the organizing committees of the conference cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will AMMM conference and the organizing committees of the conference engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant.
It takes time for the Embassy to process the VISA application. So please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time.
• Please take care of your belongings during the conference. The conference organizer does notassume any possibility for the loss of personal belongings of the participants.
• Please wear delegate badge during the conference. There will be NO access for people without abadge. Never discard your badge at will.
• Accommodation is not provided. Early reservation is suggested to be made for delegates.
• Please show the badge and meal coupons during lunch and dinner.
• Don’t stay too late in the city and don’t be alone in the remote area. Be aware of the strangers whooffer you service, signature of charity, etc., at scenic spots. More Tourist Information and Security tipsare available online.
• Delegates are advised to carry sufficient cash with them when travelling around. Only Japanese Yenare accepted in Japan. You can withdraw Japanese Yen with credit cards issued by a foreign financialinstitution at international ATMs of JP Bank. VISA is the most widely accepted card.